Friday, January 7, 2011

I Am Suffering From Hallyu !!!


Hiii guys. How u doing?? ..Yes guys, for the past 5 months I am suffering from Hallyu...The main purpose of this article is to tell u guys how I was affected by it...Actually it’s a type of fever..The diagnosis was done by myself...It was in the initial stages around 3 months back...But after that the fever was uncontrollable...I didn’t know initially that I was affected by this Hallyu fever..Later I found out that I am not the only Human being affected by this..There are millions of people out there on this earth affected by this fever..It originates From Asia..Highly contagious..yaaa..I am slowly infecting people around me..i just ask them to see it..And after that they too are infected..hheheh..

            Guys Hallyu is a term which stands for “Korea fever”..heheh yaaa..i am affected by it..i will tell u ppl in this article how I became an addict to South Korean cinema..I would like to reframe the term Hallyu as Korea Drug…I easily felt the difference in me..There was a vampire in me..But tis vampire does not long for blood, instead it wants to see South Korean movies, Music videos etc.. Nothing has changed me so much in my life..Nowadays I am a total addict to South Korean cinema and its capital Seoul..I will explain you the various reasons why I love South Korean movies so much..It all started after I watched Old boy movie..I was stunned by the way it was filmed..As I mentioned in my first article, I thought whether humans could create a movie like this..Sheer brilliancy…After that I was totally into it..Here comes the 20 reasons why I admire South Korean movies and Seoul..

                             

1.       Powerful Storyline which is maintained throughout the movie. There won’t be any deviation from the Storyline which will be lacking in many foreign language movies.

2.       Stress buster…yaaa whenever I feel stressed or low I watch a South Korean comedy drama or a romance movie. Within the first 20 minutes of the movie I forget my worries and start enjoying the story..

3.       I have seen many movies under romantic genre in various languages but i experienced the real romantic factor while watching movies like my sassy girl, the classic etc..I was in a mind that the most romantic movie I have ever seen is Titanic or A Walk to remember, because these 2 movies managed to get tears from me..But After watching the South Korean movie titled “The classic”, it became my favorite movie under romance genre.


4.       There is something called as plot points in a script..In simple terms, plot points are nothing but Twists…When it comes to a South Korean thriller movies these plot points makes us to think about it even after the movie is over..

5.       They give us an output which is equal to Hollywood in terms of technicality..Because In terms of script Hollywood is nowhere near South Korean Film industry..i bet it..My point is they manage to give an outstanding movie with a very low budget. I have seen this in almost all Blockbuster movies of South Korea.

6.       Perfect Sync of a scene with the background score...if it is a romantic scene you will be able to feel the emotions felt by the characters involved in the particular scene..

7.       The most admiring thing is that , Generally movies are a visual medium which many film makers fail to keep up to this statement..it should be expressed visually. Tats what south Korean movies have in them..Instead of lengthy dialogues, they just convey the message by visuals..i have witnessed this in almost many South Korean movies..

8.       Characterization at its best..Each and every character involved in the script will be an apt choice.

9.       Reality..Let it be any Genre, They stick on to reality...even in a Sci-Fi movie there would be some reality adhered to the script which I feel attracts the viewers.

10.   Mind-blowing visuals..The color tone would be very different and it will take us through the movie..

11.   Shot placements.. They don’t need Helicopters to can a scene involving a chase between a two people..Instead they plan it brilliantly involving the available resources..But it will be damn pacy..They usually keep as many shots as possible..

12.   Cutest performances form the lead roles..They say that the magic of cinema works out mainly with the performances of the lead roles..Whatever brilliant script it may be, the magic onscreen works only if the artist’s performances are up to the mark. My sassy girl movie was a blockbuster and viewers all over the world enjoyed it because of the lead actress Gianna Jun’s cutest and outstanding performance..Even I personally feel that I would not have liked the movie if she was not part of it..

13.   Originality..They don’t copy scripts or scrap of storyline from other language movies..i truly salute them for this..Hats off..

14.   South Korean language...so cutee...the way they pronounce and the tone..awwww..


15.   Costumes..yaa..i noticed it in almost all south Korean movies..Very rich and Stylish costumes.

16.   Whatever Genre it is , the movie will attract you..if it is a romantic one, you will feel it..if it is a Thriller genre you will definitely have an edge of seat experience.

17.   I usually don’t watch television dramas often, but for the first time I was so excited to watch a Series called “Full House”..At a stretch I saw the entire 16 episodes..And not only that it changed me personally..i was not my selves while I saw those episodes..Amazing experience..

18.   Sticking on to their Nationality and South Korean culture..They don’t even go to neighboring countries like china, Japan to shoot a movie or even to some foreign locales..


19.   After watching a South Korean movie you will definitely have a craze to watch another South Korean movie and that’s how I was affected by Hallyu..

20.   Because of all these reasons I simply love the Capital Seoul- Soul of Asia..

       These are the main reasons why I like South Korean cinema so much..i hope after reading This article you will definitely check out at least one South Korean movie if u haven’t seen one..After watching it you will feel what a movie should be, how it should be, and you will relish the movie watching experience..

        The only thing which I hate in few South Korean melodrama movies is that at some point of time the film maker will reveal that the heroine is affected by terminal illness and that she is going to die in a couple of months..So naturally the hero cares for her, in few other movies ,one of the lead roles will die in an accident..I have experienced this in few movies..Same pattern will be followed in similar genre movies..

         My aim is to bridge a relationship between South Indian Cinema and South Korean cinema..I will definitely achieve it with all ur support guys..Hope you would have enjoyed reading this article..i conclude my article my posting a link where you can watch A-Z South Korean movies online..

http://www.freekoreanmovies.net/search/label/Korean%20Movies

With Regards 
    Monish

12 comments:

  1. ha ha...good one... "Hallyu Boy"...!... :)
    Hmm... well as u would already be knowing i havn't really watched any foreign language movies other than ofcourse english...well what movie would you suggest if i wanted to watch a really nice and light romantic movie?...may be something like the 27 dresses, i mean something light but still romantic....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ mals..hehehe..thanks ya..lol...i would suggest my sassy girl and my little bride..both are very light romantic ones..im giving the links fa both of these movies

    http://www.freekoreanmovies.net/2007/10/my-sassy-girl-2001-watch-full-movies.html

    http://www.kickasstorrents.com/my-little-bride-2004-korean-romantic-comedy-xvid-t1223801.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. machi nee bathikapatiruka....... :P
    is there any treatment for ur disease ????
    anyways Give me some drug too, post the link of 'The Classic' ;)
    Aparo edho bridge katta poranu sonniye, adhuku valthukal :) pathu machi 'Perambur bridge' madhiri sothapidatha, nalla 'Padi bridge' madhi weight ah kattu :)
    Invite me for the 'Ribbon Cutting Function' ;) ;)
    Also u forgot to mention onething, almost all (or) atleast some of the korean actress are really cute....... only problem is they wont mostly marry other non korean guys, so nammanala try panna mudiyadhu :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post...The best thing about korean movies is all female artists will be looking beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ praveen..hehhe machi ennoda diseaeku ore treatment koreran movies than da...thanks machi..antha breidge katta innum atleast 7-8 years aagum da..kandippa invite panren machi..yaaa they are trhe best da..semma cuteee..hehhe yaaa aana namma south korean a convert aayitomna no problem..hehhe here goes the link for the classic

    http://www.freekoreanmovies.net/2007/09/classic-2003-korean-movies.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ pasu..thanks da..yaa very beautiful..my fav is Song Hye-kyo..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @moni: convert ah ??? pathu machi, father of foreign country akida poranga :P
    and thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ praveen..hehehe u saw any movie ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice one da... but i thk it wud take some time for u to influence ppl to watch south Korean movies !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ kumaran..thanks da..yaa true da..but wanna influence many..

    ReplyDelete